First Full Examination
Our aim is to provide you with quality, personalised dental care without any pain in a relaxed and peaceful environment. At Frederick Street Dental Care, our team of experienced dentists, specialists, and dental hygienist will take the time to listen to your needs and concerns carefully before we commence our check-ups.
What Will Your First Visit be Like?
Dentistry today has so much to offer, restorative and reconstructive dentistry, Porcelain Veneers, Crowns, Bonding, White Fillings, Whitening, Implants, what is right for you? It has to begin with a comprehensive exam and diagnosis.
Your comprehensive exam is a baseline for future comparisons and is the basis for a lifetime master plan for oral health.
The following will be done during your initial evaluation:
- X-rays as needed
- Thorough Oral cancer examination
- Review your medical and dental history
- Are fillings or crowns causing gum irritation?
- Range of motion tests to check jaw movements?
- Temporomandibular joint orthopaedic examination
- Tooth examination to check for decay, cracks, wear etc
- Measuring all gum crevices to check for hidden gum disease
- Condition (quality, quantity and recession level) of gum tissue
- Images to evaluate aesthetic and condition of teeth and gums
- Measurement of mobility or looseness, another sign of problems
- Clarifying your concerns, wants and expectations and/or problems
The following will be done after your examination:
- Review all findings
- Discuss your treatment recommendations and sequence
- Answer all questions to your satisfaction and understanding
- Discuss all fees and give you a full written estimate of treatment
If your condition warrants further evaluation the following will also be done:
- Diagnostic study casts (models of your mouth) if needed
- Measurement to customise models for jaw simulator
- Measurement for how teeth bite together
- Evaluate and study all the above information
- Consult with any specialists, if indicated
- Make a specific diagnosis for your current condition
- Design a blueprint for your care with the diagnostic casts
- Develop an individualised long-term treatment program and sequence
At Frederick Street dental Care, you have convenient access to a vast variety of private dental services in the fields of general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, emergency dentistry, specialist dentistry and orthodontics.
We recommend that most patients see the dental hygienist on a 6 monthly basis in order to keep their teeth and gums healthy. We believe that prevention is better than the cure. By attending regular check-ups and hygiene appointments patients can reduce the need for dental treatment.
For patients who have not had a recent check-up, we recommend this before any cosmetic dentistry is carried out. This is to ensure that teeth and gums are healthy.
The practice philosophy is of a team approach to dentistry meaning that you have easy access to a team consisting of general dentists, dental specialists (Orthodontist, Oral Surgeon, Implantologist), and dental hygienist all working together in one practice to provide you with all aspects of dentistry to a high standard.
Dental Treatment on Finance
We have 0% Finance0% finance plans on most treatments allowing you to have your treatment now and spread the cost of your treatment interest free.