First Full Examination
Our aim is to provide you with quality, personalised dental care without any pain in a relaxed and peaceful environment. At Frederick Street Dental Care, our team of experienced dentists, specialists, and dental hygienist will take the time to listen to your needs and concerns carefully before we commence our check-ups.
What Will Your First Visit be Like?
The following will be done during your initial evaluation:
- X-rays as needed
- Thorough Oral cancer examination
- Review your medical and dental history
- Are fillings or crowns causing gum irritation?
- Range of motion tests to check jaw movements?
- Temporomandibular joint orthopaedic examination
- Tooth examination to check for decay, cracks, wear etc
- Measuring all gum crevices to check for hidden gum disease
- Condition (quality, quantity and recession level) of gum tissue
- Images to evaluate aesthetic and condition of teeth and gums
- Measurement of mobility or looseness, another sign of problems
- Clarifying your concerns, wants and expectations and/or problems
The following will be done after your examination:
- Review all findings
- Discuss your treatment recommendations and sequence
- Answer all questions to your satisfaction and understanding
- Discuss all fees and give you a full written estimate of treatment
If your condition warrants further evaluation the following will also be done:
- Diagnostic study casts (models of your mouth) if needed
- Measurement to customise models for jaw simulator
- Measurement for how teeth bite together
- Evaluate and study all the above information
- Consult with any specialists, if indicated
- Make a specific diagnosis for your current condition
- Design a blueprint for your care with the diagnostic casts
- Develop an individualised long-term treatment program and sequence