Unless you are in one of the groups entitled to free NHS dental treatment or help with the cost you will require to pay 80% of the cost of your NHS dental treatment up to a maximum of £384 per course of treatment. Fees are as of 1st Oct 2016. Please note that NHS fee structure is complex and varies considerably from patient to patient depending of the treatment required.
Some patients qualify for full or partial exemption from dental charges. It’s always wise to ask if you feel you might qualify for such an exemption – our staff will be happy to help you you can get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts, you are:
- Are under the age of 18 years old
- Are aged 18 and in full-time education
- Are named on a valid maternity exemption certificate
- Have had a baby in the previous 12 months, or have had a stillborn baby in the previous 12 months
- Are named on a valid HC2 certificate
- Are named on a valid HC3 certificate
- Are, or your partner is, getting universal credit
- Are, or your partner is, getting income -related employment support allowance.
- Are, or your partner is, getting tax credits and meeting qualifying conditions partial help:
- If you are named on a valid HC3 certificate you might get some help towards the cost of your NHS dental treatment.